Recipe by Redneck Epicurean
Our pastor's daughter fixed this for a cookout we had at his house. We are used to using zucchini in bread only and frying squash. This was something new...different...exciting! I LOVED IT! So I came home and prepared this every time Mom and Dad passed me some fresh veggies outta the garden. It's so simple and cooks right along side your meat on the grill. You will have to start it before the meat and tend it good because it will stick. Give it a try..it's DEEEEElish!
- 1⁄2-1 cup kraft honey barbeque sauce (this is specifically what Donna used, but any HONEY bbq will do)
- 5 -10 medium squash or 5 -10 medium zucchini
Directions See How It's Made
- Oil the grill surface or spray with Pam. Preheat grill to medium.
- Cut veggies into spears. Place them in a casserole dish large enough to hold them and roll them around a bit.
- Pour enough bbq sauce onto the spears to coat. Toss to coat evenly. This can also be done in a zip-top bag.
- When the grill is hot, about 10-15 minutes before placing your meat on the grill, place the vegetable spears lengthwise across the grates so they will not slip through. Grill, brushing on extra bbq sauce.
- Cook until heated completely through and done to you liking. I like serving them hot but tender-crisp.