Redneck Epicurean's Note:
Our pastor's daughter fixed this for a cookout we had at his house. We are used to using zucchini in bread only and frying squash. This was something new...different...exciting! I LOVED IT! So I came home and prepared this every time Mom and Dad passed me some fresh veggies outta the garden. It's so simple and cooks right along side your meat on the grill. You will have to start it before the meat and tend it good because it will stick. Give it a try..it's DEEEEElish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Oil the grill surface or spray with Pam. Preheat grill to medium.
- 2Cut veggies into spears. Place them in a casserole dish large enough to hold them and roll them around a bit.
- 3Pour enough bbq sauce onto the spears to coat. Toss to coat evenly. This can also be done in a zip-top bag.
- 4When the grill is hot, about 10-15 minutes before placing your meat on the grill, place the vegetable spears lengthwise across the grates so they will not slip through. Grill, brushing on extra bbq sauce.
- 5Cook until heated completely through and done to you liking. I like serving them hot but tender-crisp.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Grilled Squash and Zucchini
Serving Size: 1 (122 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 26.1
- Calories from Fat 2
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 1.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
honey barbeque sauce