Recipe by JustJanS
Another magazine find that i'm storing here until I can cook it soon. The prep time is approximate, and (I think) would include the marinating time.
Top Review by Lorac
Excellant! This is the perfect dinner for a hot summer night or anytime you want something light, quick and very easy to make. Lamb, blackened on the outside and juicy when sliced, topped with grilled mushroms that soak up the lemon garlic marinade, served on fresh salad greens. I made the recipe as directed using a piece of lamb cut from a rolled boneless roast and layered everything on rounds of fresh Greek flatbread. Thanks Jan (my lamb guru) for this simple,simply wonderful recipe!
- 4 lemons
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- seasoning, to taste
- 400 g mushrooms, thickly sliced
- 500 g lamb tenderloins or 500 g lamb backstraps
- 150 g mixed salad greens
- 1⁄2 loaf Turkish bread, thickly sliced
Directions See How It's Made
- Cut 2 lemons into 4 wedges and set aside.
- Juice the remaining lemons, and whisk their juice, the oil, garlic and seasonings together in a small jug.
- Place the mushrooms in a large bowl, and the lamb in a shallow dish and pour a 1/2 of the marinade over each, turning well to combine.
- Marinate both for 15 minutes.
- Cook the lamb on a greased BBQ (grill) plate over medium high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side (for medium) or until cooked to your liking.
- Remove to a foil covered plate and allow to rest.
- Cook the mushrooms on the BBQ (grill) plate for 3-4 minutes or until just tender.
- Remove to a plate.
- Cook the reserved lemon wedges and Turkish bread on the hot plate until warmed through.
- Slice the lamb across the grain into thick slices and arrange it and the mushrooms over the salad leaves divided between 4 serving plates.
- Accompany with the BBQued lemon wedges and bread.