Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
The longer you let this sit in the fridge, the better the flavours get.
Make and share this BBQ Chicken Salad Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cooked and diced picked free of bones or 1 lb rotisserie chicken, picked free of bones
- 1⁄4 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce (I like spicy sauce, but sweet would be nice too )
- 1⁄3 cup red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 green bell pepper, diced
- salt and pepper
- Mix mayo, bbq sauce, red onion and bell pepper together to combine.
- Stir in diced chicken.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve on a fresh bun.
This really hit the spot and was a nice change from regular chicken salad. Neither the bbq sauce or the mayo were too overpowering. I liked the addition of the bell pepper. I used chopped green onion and made no other changes and used for wraps. Thanks for posting the recipe. I'll be making this again.
This was good! I used rotisserie chicken, a sweet BBQ sauce and white onions (left out the bell pepper). I usually buy sweet sauce for meats, but for this recipe I can see how a spicy sauce would probably be better since the mayo would help tone down the heat a little. Made for I Recommend Tag.
This made great sandwiches for us last night. Made for Spring PAC 2012.