This is similar to the pizza available at the California Pizza Kitchen. It's great and really different from your traditional pizza.
- One hour before baking the pizzas, start preheating the oven at 500 degrees Coat chicken with 2 tablespoons barbecue sauce.
- Set aside in the refrigerator.
- Prepare dough into pizza shape.
- Precook if needed.
- Spread remainder of barbecue sauce over the surface of the dough.
- Spread cheese over the sauce.
- Spread chicken over the cheese.
- Place the onion rings over the chicken pieces.
- Place the pizza in the oven (on top of pizza stone if available or on pan).
- Bake until crust is crispy and cheese is bubbling (8-10 minutes).
- Remove pizzas from the oven and sprinkle each with 1/2 of the cilantro.