These are wonderful! Recipe courtesy of Rachael Ray.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon butter, cut into pieces
- 1 small red onion, 1/2 finely chopped, 1/2 thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce, eyeball it
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce, eyeball it
- 1 1/4 lbs ground chicken
- 1 tablespoon McCormick grill seasoning, a palm full
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons honey, divided, eyeball it
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 3 tablespoons sweet pickle relish
- 2 cups cabbage coleslaw blend
- salt and pepper
- 4 hamburger buns
- 1In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add chopped onions, garlic and tomato paste and sweat them for 5 minutes to soften and sweeten.
- 2Sprinkle in sugar and remove from heat. Cool in a bowl for 5 minutes.
- 3Add tomato paste, Worcestershire, and hot sauce to a bowl and combine. Add chicken to the bowl then grill seasoning and combine the burgers well to evenly distribute the flavors.
- 4Form 4 patties.
- 5Heat 1 T. oil in a non-stick skillet over medium-high heat. Cook patties 6 miutes on each side.
- 6Combine the honey, lemon juice, and remaining oil in a bowl. Add relish, cabbage mix and sliced onions and season with salt and pepper. Toss the slaw to coat and reserve.
- 7Serve burgers on buns topped with slaw.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for BBQ Chicken Burgers With Cole Slaw
Serving Size: 1 (302 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 485.1
- Calories from Fat 174
- Total Fat 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat 4.8 g
- Cholesterol 106.9 mg
- Sodium 632.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 17.9 g
- Protein 35.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
McCormick grill seasoning