Recipe by Alskann
Quick, easy and oh so satisfying! We like these for a quick snack. Doubled it makes an easy dinner for 4. I will pick up a rotisserie chicken and a bag of salad mix on the way home from work and dinner is half made before I get home. With a little extra effort you can saute up some crispy bacon and sliced mushrooms. Makes them even better!
Top Review by Michelle_My_Belle
I woudlnt really call these "BBQ" chicken quesadillas, more like mexican because of the salsa and taco sauce, but they were tastey. I left out the chilis and when they were done cooking, I pried some of them open and threw some shredded lettuce, sour cream and the salsa in for DF and DBF. Cutting the recipe in half made more then enough for three of us for lunch. Thanks for the recipe.
- 8 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1 (4 ounce) canchopped mild green chilies
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie-cooked chicken
- 1⁄2 cup shredded extra-sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 cup bottled taco sauce
- fresh cilantro stem, for garnish
- 1 cup bottled salsa
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oven to 450°F.
- Place 1 tortilla on large baking sheet.
- Spread with 1 tablespoon chiles.
- Top with one-quarter of chicken, cheese and taco sauce.
- Place another tortilla on top.
- Repeat with remaining tortillas, chiles, chicken, cheese and sauce, for a total of 4 separate quesadillas.
- Bake in 450F oven 8 minutes, until crispy and cheese melted.
- Remove from oven; let stand for 5 minutes.
- Cut into quarters.
- Garnish with cilantro, salsa and sour cream.