Prep 45 mins
Cook 25 mins
Yummy BBQ tips in the pressure cooker
- 1 1⁄2 lbs bottom round beef roast, trimmed of all fat and cut into bit sized pieces
- 2 teaspoons oil
- 1⁄2 medium jalapeno, minced
- 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon onion flakes
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons beef base
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup barbecue sauce
- Combine beef, jalepeno, onion, garlic, and spices and let set aside in the rerigerator for 30-60 minutes.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in your pressure cooker over medium high heat and brown half of the meat and set aside. Repeat with the second half of oil and meat.
- Deglaze the Pressure cooker with the water and add the beef base and put browned meat back inches.
- Cook on high pressure for 10 minutes and allow a natural release.
- Remove beef with a slotted spoon and stir barbeque sauce into the cooking liquid. Cook over medium heat for about 5-10 minutes until sauce has reduced and is thickened. Add meat back into the sauce and cook for an additional 5 minutes.
- Serve. (Prep time includes refrigerator time).