Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I came up with this recipe while thinking of ways to use some leftover rotisserie chicken. We loved these!
- Shred chicken finely, and combine with barbecue sauce and honey in a microwave-safe bowl.
- Cover and heat in microwave for about 4 minutes or until hot, stopping to stir after about 2 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat oven per package directions for rolls.
- Slice rolls horizontally into 2 large pieces with a large serrated bread knife. (Do not separate into individual rolls.).
- Replace top of roll and heat in oven per package directions.
- Remove from oven, remove top of roll and spread hot chicken mixture over bottom roll.
- Place the pickle slices evenly over the chicken, then replace roll top.
- Cut carefully into individual rolls, and serve.
- I find this method easier than trying to fill each roll individually.
- Makes 12 appetizer servings or 4 main dish servings.