Recipe by nochlo
One day I planned on cooking burgers for dinner. When time came to make dinner, I didn't feel like a regular burger, go figure. So i came up with this. It went from boring to WOW!
Top Review by JackieOhNo!
Yes, these are definitely WOW burgers. I didn't make them exactly as posted, but I did make the onions as directed, and this burger is all about them. I cooked my bacon, and used some of the grease for the onions. However, I grilled my burgers and used sharp Cheddar cheese and served them on a toasted onion roll. The onions in the barbecue sauce were fantastic and the star of the show. Thanks for sharing! Made for PRMR Tag Game.
- 10 slices bacon
- 1 1⁄4 lbs ground beef
- 5 hamburger buns
- 5 slices American cheese
- 1 whole diced vidalia onion
- salt & pepper
- 1⁄2 cup sweet baby rays barbecue sauce
- 2 tablespoons gourmet burger seasoning
Directions See How It's Made
- In a frying pan, start cooking the bacon. While the bacon is frying, cut up the onion and set aside. Finish cooking the bacon and remove and put on paper towels.
- Butter the buns and set aside.
- Drain the skillet that has the bacon grease into a bowl and set aside. (you will use this pan for the burgers).
- Make 5 patties out of the ground beef and place in the skillet. Fry on medium heat until cooked thoroughly.
- In the meantime in another skillet, lightly toast the buns. Set aside.
- By this time the burgers should be ¾ of the way done, add cheese to the top of the burgers to melt. Put the burgers on a paper towel whenever finished.
- In the meantime, pour a little bacon grease in the same skillet used for the buns and add the onions and burger seasoning and saute for up to 3 minutes. Add the BBQ sauce directly to the onions and heat for about 1 minute.
- Dress your burgers, add the patty and cross the bacon on top then add the BBQ onion mixture. Serve right away.