Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
My mother got this recipe from one of her "Women's magazines". It has been a favorite ever since. It can also be served over couscous.
- 2 chicken breasts, diced
- 1 (6 ounce) package pepperoni or 1 lb kielbasa or 1 lb sausage, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- 1 small head cabbage, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 (15 ounce) can diced tomatoes
- 2 -3 carrots
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans (chick peas)
- 1 tablespoon salsa
- 1⁄2 tablespoon dried thyme
- Saute pepperoni or sausage in oil.
- Flour & brown chicken in same pan.
- Add onion.
- Add remaining ingredients.
- Simmer on Low for 30 minutes.
- Serve with a nice, crusty French or Italian bread.