Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
From Cooking Light. Per 1 cup serving: 397 calories, 10.1 g fat, 22.8 g protein, 57.4 g carb, 8.5 g fiber, 40 mg cholesterol.
- 1 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 cup uncooked basmati rice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded rotisserie cooked boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion
- 1⁄4 cup chopped drained sun-dried tomato packed in oil
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14 ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and coarsely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fat-free chicken broth
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried oregano
Directions See How It's Made
- To make the salad:Bring the water to a boil in a 3 quart saucepan; add in rice and garlic.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 20 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes.
- Transfer rice to a large bowl.
- Add in chicken and next 5 ingredients; stir gently to combine.
- To make the dressing: mix together all the dressing ingredients, stirring with a whisk.
- Drizzle over rice salad mixture, tossing gently to coat.