Recipe by Rita~
Nothing like home grown TOMATOES and BASIL! A refreshing summer salad!
Top Review by Abby Girl
Awsome!!! I have made something similar...but this has become my all time favorite!! The only thing I did different was that I added a pinch of sugar to the dressing and I coarsely cut the basil and sprinkled it over the dish. The anchovy is a must...you don't really taste it, but it blends in so nicely. I will do this recipe again and again
- 3 cups sliced home grown tomatoes
- 2 cups sliced fresh mozzarella cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole leaves fresh basil
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh thyme
- 1 anchovy, diced finely (optional)
- 2 tablespoons minced shallots
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1⁄4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar, to taste
- salt and black pepper
- Whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Set aside.
- Layer on a platter the tomatoes,cheese, and basil.
- Pour dressing over the salad and serve.