Basil Shrimp With Crispy Pancetta
- Roll the pancetta into a cylinder, then cut into thin shreds.
- Heat the oil in a 10" nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- When hot, add the pancetta and fry until crisp; transfer to a paper towel lined plate.
- Pour off all but 2 teaspoons of the fat in the pan and heat on medium-high heat.
- Add the shrimp and saute 2 minutes and now add the basil and saute another minute, or until shrimp is just cooked through.
- Toss shrimp in pancetta, lemon juice and pepper; taste and adjust seasonings if necessary.
- Serve immediately.