Easy recipe to enjoy for a thin, mild tasting fillet, such as tilapia or flounder. This is from our local paper......
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 450*.
- 2Pour wine and butter into glass measuring cup and microwave on high until butter begins to melt, about 1 minute.
- 3Spread basil leaves over bottom of 9 X 13 glass baking dish, reserving a few large ones for the top of the fish.
- 4Place fillets over the remaining basil.
- 5Remove the wine mixture from the microwave and add fresh lemon juice.
- 6Stir or whisk the wine mixture and pour over the fish.
- 7Season the fish with the salt and pepper.
- 8Sprinkle the onion powder and bread crumbs evenly over the fish, then add paprika.
- 9Cover the pan with aluminum foil, place in lower third of preheated oven, for 12 minutes.
- 10Uncover fish and continue to cook until fish is opaque and flakes easily with a fork, about 2-3 more minutes.
- 11Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Tilapia Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil Baked Tilapia
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.9
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 106.6 mg
- Sodium 192.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 4.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 42.0 g