1/2 Photos of Basil and Lime Granita
This is a lovely fresh granita that couldn't be easier to prepare. We like to add a couple of shots of vodka to it just before freezing, to make a more grown up version. Perfect for after a barbecue! Timing does not include 3 hours freezing time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a pan, dissolve the sugar in the water. Bring it to a boil and simmer for a couple of minutes. Remove from the heat, and add the basil leaves. Mix and leave to cool.
- 2When it is cold, remove the basil leaves and discard them. Add the lime juice, including any fleshy bits, and mix.
- 3Pour into a large freezer proof container, and put into the freezer.
- 4Every 15 minutes, for 2 hours, take out of the freezer and mix it up. Then every half an hour until the granita appears grainy and the crystals have been broken down. It should resemble snow or coarse sand.
Browse Our Top Frozen Desserts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basil and Lime Granita
Serving Size: 1 (153 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 200.4
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 3.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 48.1 g
- Protein 0.6 g