MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
This is soooo gooood in the summertime!
- Ready In:
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 1⁄2 cups fresh lime juice (12-14 limes)
- 1 teaspoon grated lime zest (1 lime)
- 3 cups water
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar with 3 cups water.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Stir in lime juice and zest.
- Pour mixture into a shallow metal cake pan and freeze, crushing and stirring the lumps with a fork every 30 minutes for 2 to 3 hours, or until it has a slushy, granular texture.
- Serve immediately.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
This was super easy to make, and tastes so delicious. I made this for a beverage recipe I had (where you add a scoop of the granita to a little tequila and sprite). They were to die for! This also really perks up anything sweet that calls for a lime flavoring. I really recommend this delightful and great recipe. Everyone that tried here loved it (and that includes people who did not add booze!). Thanks!Reply
Perfect. Based on the other reviews and that I didn't want to make as large a quantity, these were the proportions I used: 1/2 c. sugar 3/4 c. fresh lime juice (6 limes) 2 tsp. grated lime zest (1 lime) 1 1/2 c. water The taste was delightfully tart, very lime-y, and with just the right tang and texture of a true granita. Thanks!1Reply
see 5 more