Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
163 Best Paleo Slow Cooker makes 8 cups Can be frozen.
Make and share this Basic Tomato Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and diced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme, crumbled
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 2 (28 ounce) cans tomatoes with juice, chopped
- sea salt
- In slow cooker, combine olive oil, onions and carrots. Cover and cook on high for 1 hour, until vegetables are softened. Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Place a clean towel, folded in half on top of slow cooker to absorb moisture. Cover and cook on low for 6 hours or on high for 3 hours, until sauce is thickened and flavors are melded. Season to taste with sea salt.