Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
I love to use this chili sauce for grilled chicken and various Thai appetizers. I'm posting this recipe because some of my recipes use this as a dipping sauce.I actually prefer the bottled stuff but this recipe is a nice simple substitution for it.
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 3⁄4 cup rice or 3⁄4 cup white wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 small red chilies, chopped
- Heat sugar and vinegar in a saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- Boil the mixture until it starts to thicken.
- Remove from heat and stir in salt and chili.
- Allow to cool before serving.
Very nice, although I probably didn't wait long enough for the sauce to thicken after boiling. Be sure to make the sauce ahead of time. We use green jalapenos, since we had those on hand, and we enjoyed the result.