I love to use this chili sauce for grilled chicken and various Thai appetizers. I'm posting this recipe because some of my recipes use this as a dipping sauce.I actually prefer the bottled stuff but this recipe is a nice simple substitution for it.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Heat sugar and vinegar in a saucepan until sugar dissolves.
- 2Boil the mixture until it starts to thicken.
- 3Remove from heat and stir in salt and chili.
- 4Allow to cool before serving.
Browse Our Top Sweet Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Sweet Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Basic Thai Sweet Chili Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 971.1
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 2339.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 228.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 107.5 g
- Protein 12.3 g