Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A low fat version of the basic pastry for dessert tarts. Need plastic wrap and refrigeration! From The French Culinary Institute.
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1⁄4 cup low fat cottage cheese (1%)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 2 tablespoons water
- Place flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a food processor fitted with plastic blade.
- Pulse briefly to combine, then with motor running, add cottage cheese and oil.
- Quickly add water and pulse quickly just to combine. The dough will be crumbly but moist.
- Remove dough from the processor bowl, use your hand to gently pat the dough together to form a disk shape.
- Wrap in plastic wrap, refrigerate for 30 minutes, or until well chilled.