Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Add sugar/desired sweetener to taste.
Top Review by UmmBinat
This is really good! I now have to debate which is better, Recipe #190932 or this one! And I have tried so many. I actually used an orange pekoe tea bag and heavy cream in a way lesser amount. I used white sugar. I will be making this again!!!
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 6 allspice berries
- 6 whole green cardamom pods or 6 white cardamom pods
- 1⁄4 teaspoon whole black peppercorn
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fennel seed
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- ground cloves, a pinch
- 2 teaspoons black assam tea leaves
- 2 teaspoons sugar (to taste)
- 1 cup whole milk
Directions See How It's Made
- With the side of a cleaver or chef’s knife, gently crush the whole spices, then add them to a small saucepan, along with ginger, cloves, tea leaves, and sugar.
- Add in 1 cup water and bring to a boil over medium heat.
- Cover pan and remove from heat; steep for 3 minutes.
- Return pan to low heat and add in milk.
- Bring to just a simmer, then pour through a fine-mesh sieve into 2 warmed teacups or small mugs.
- Serve immediately.