Recipe by Aroostook
A simple recipe but it makes a great stock! An easy way to keep beef stock on hand in the freezer.
- 2 1⁄2 lbs beef bones
- 3 sprigs parsley
- salt and pepper
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 carrots
- 1 medium onion, coarsely chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Roast the bones at 400 degrees F.
- until a dark golden brown.
- Drain off any excess oil, and combine all the rest of the ingredients in a large stock pot.
- Cover bones with water and simmer on low for about 3 hours.
- Drain the broth from the other ingredients, and strain the broth through cheesecloth.
- Use as desired.