Prep 5 mins
Cook 1 hr
Just plain old baked potatoes in the oven, on the grill or in the camp fire.
- 2 large russet potatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- seasoning salt
- 1⁄4 tablespoon chives
- 1⁄2 tablespoon imitation bacon bits or 1⁄2 tablespoon cooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons sour cream
- If baking in the oven preheat to 400°F.
- Scrub the potatoes well with a vegetable brush and water, then dry.
- Poke potatoes with a fork several times so they won't explode, and, if desired, dust with salt while still wet.
- Bake directly on oven rack until tender (for one hour) or wrap in tin foil and bake in campfire or on the grill (over high heat) for 45 minutes, turning once.
- In a small bowl, combine chives, bacon bits and sour cream; mix well.
- Let potatoes cool for several minutes, open, spread with butter and sprinkle with salt and pepper and serve with sour cream topping.
This is so good. I cooked the potatoes in the microwave. And used real bacon. Thanks littleturtle :) Made for Name that ingredient tag game
What? I'm gonna argue with the five star revues? I don't think so ! This recipe is a classic and if youm have a problem getting fresh chives, why don't you have a pot of them growing outside on your deck all year long? I live on a small island off the coast of Maine and I started growing chives about 15 years ago. In my ignorance I've tried to kill them, but it doesn't work. They just GROW. Our winters are -10 deg F. No problem. Lack of reasonable water in Summer? No problem. I can't think of an easier thing to grow. Now, GO COOK ! ! !
Great potatoes! I love mixing all of the topping ingredients together. Thanks littleturtle for a nice keeper. Made for Cookbook Tag.