Prep 45 mins
Cook 30 mins
Different. Comfort food. I'm guessing on the size of the pack of tofu and the size/weight of the can of chick peas. I never pay attention but rather do more eyeballing than anything else.....you can play around with these amounts.
- 1 cup pearl barley
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 4 slices fresh ginger, peeled
- 2 carrots, slices
- 4 stalks celery, chopped
- 2 -3 potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 5 cups water (may need to add more)
- 1 (10 ounce) package firm tofu (optional)
- 1 (10 ounce) can chickpeas
- Place barley in large Pyrex bowl, add water, cover with plastic wrap and nuke for 20 minutes on full power. May need 10 more minutes until barley is cooked.
- Saute onion, garlic, ginger and curry in nonstick pan.
- Continue to saute adding the remaining ingredients; bring to a boil and turn to a simmer.
- Simmer 30-45 minutes until potatoes and carrots are cooked. You may have to add more water.
- Add salt to taste.