Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
From the "Scandinavian and American Recipes" cookbook, which contains recipes submitted by parents and friends of the Svenskarnas Dag Girls Choir. By Sharon Johnson.
- 1 quart berries (strawberries, raspberries, currants, gooseberries or blackberries)
- 3 cups water
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons potato flour or 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Clean berries.
- Bring water to boil, add berries and sugar and boil several minutes.
- Mix potato flour with small amount of cold water; stir in and bring again to boiling point.
- Cool covered and serve with cream or milk.