1/1 Photo of Barcelona Style Pork Tenderloin With Sherry & Peppers
Adapted from Bon Appetit. Please only use real sherry or wine in this - not the product labeled as "cooking sherry."
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 10 ounces pork tenderloin, trimmed of any fat, cut into 1/2 thick rounds
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary or 1 1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary
- 2 teaspoons Hungarian paprika, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, to taste
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, as needed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and julienned
- 2 fresh garlic cloves, minced
- 2/3 cup dry sherry (NOT cooking sherry, real stuff only please) or 2/3 cup white wine
- 1Set out a sheet of wax paper on a hard, flat surface.
- 2Place pork rounds on the wax papper and cover with another sheet; pound flat using a meat mallet.
- 3Place flattened slices into a large ziptop type plastic bag.
- 4Mix paprika, rosemary,salt, and pepper and add to plastic bag- seal and shake bag to coat pork evenly with spices.
- 5Heat about 1 Tbsp oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- 6Cook pork slices briefly on both sides- about 1-2 minutes per side, then remove to a covered dish and keep warm.
- 7Add a little more oil if needed and saute pepper and garlic and saute about 2 minutes or until bell pepper starts to get tender.
- 8Add sherry or wine and bring to a boil.
- 9Let boil until reduced by 1/3 (about a minute).
- 10Return pork to the skillet and cook until heated through, about another minute or two.
- 11Make sure pork is cooked all the way through, but still moist.
- 12Remove pork to plates and ladle sauce on top.
Browse Our Top Pork Loins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Loins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barcelona Style Pork Tenderloin With Sherry & Peppers
Serving Size: 1 (301 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 2
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 386.0
- Calories from Fat 171
- Total Fat 19.0 g
- Saturated Fat 3.6 g
- Cholesterol 92.1 mg
- Sodium 664.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 8.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 30.4 g