Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
A lovely jam made from barberries.
- Place fully ripened and cleaned fruit into a saucepan and add 2 cups of water.
- Cook the mixture slowly over a medium heat till the fruit softens.
- When cooked through, remove from heat and pass mixture through a fine sieve or strainer to remove the skins and seeds.
- Measure the pulp mixture and place into a saucepan with 1 cup sugar for each cup of pulp.
- Mix well and bring to a boil.
- Hold the boil for 15 minutes while stirring constantly.
- Skim off the foam and pour into hot sterile jelly jars and seal while hot.