- 4 lbs pork back ribs or 4 lbs pork spareribs
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh coarse ground black pepper
- 1 cup onion, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup prepared mustard
- 1 (14 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray inside of 4 to 5 quart slow cooker with no stick cooking spray.
- Season ribs with garlic, salt and pepper. Cut into 2 or 3 rib portions. Layer ribs and onions in slow cooker.
- Combine all barbecue sauce ingredients in medium bowl; pour over ribs.
- Cover; cook on LOW heat setting for 8 to 10 hours, or HIGH heat setting for 4 to 6 hours or until ribs are fork tender.