Prep 10 mins
Cook 8 mins
- 12 slices bacon, rind removed
- 24 large scallops, shelled
- black pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly chopped parsley
- 2 lemons, juice only
- 2 ounces unsalted butter, melted
- Place the melted butter, lemon juice, pepper and parsley in a large bowl and mix well.
- Add the scallops and turn to coat.
- Cut each bacon rasher in half width wise and then wrap each scallop in half a rasher of bacon, threading them onto skewers as you go and reserving any remaining butter mixture.
- Cook over hot coals for 3-4 minutes each side, basting with the remaining butter mixture, until the bacon is crisp and golden brown.
- To serve- transfer the skewers to a serving platter and drizzle any remaining butter mixture over the top.
- Serve immediately.
Miller, this one is really devine! We prepared these this weekend and follow your recipe and directions entirely. What we discovered was the most delicious scallops I have ever tasted. They came out light and tender and the bacon & lemon really set the flavors. First time my husband ever tried scallops and now he wants more this weekend. Personally I can't wait. So easy and so tasty. Thank you for sharing this one!
Thank you for posting this recipe, Miller. These were so good. We loved these tasty morsels. The combination of the bacon and scallops were great and the bacon gave them wonderful flavor. We will definitly be making these for good.
I've made this a couple of times, it's wonderful! I like to alternate shrimp and scallops on the skewers. Yummy!