Recipe by MrsKnox2016
Think you've had buffalo dip before? Think again- this gem blows away the competition...creamy with a depth not normally associated with buffalo dip. So easy, makes a ton and with that perfect zip...open the chips and pass the margarita's! Recipe courtesy one of my good friends generous enough to pass on this keeper.
Top Review by tarab5
Very addictive! I used the 10 oz cans of chicken, but will cook my own next time. Two 10-oz cans should be 2 cups of diced chicken, which should be about 2/3 pound of chicken breast. I left out the cumin because I'm not a fan and the red pepper flakes because I don't like a lot of heat. I used tortillas for dipping. I loved the tang of the lime juice and the smokiness of the barbecue sauce.
- 2 (10 ounce) cans chunk chicken
- 2 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- 1⁄4 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup barbecue sauce
- 1⁄4 cup buffalo wing sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded Mexican blend cheese
- 1⁄4 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon onion powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat chicken, lime juice, BBQ sauce and buffalo sauce in a large saucepan.
- Add cumin, red pepper and onion powder.
- Once heated through, add ranch dressing and cream cheese, stirring until all is mixed well together.
- Remove from heat and add half of shredded cheese, stirring well to incorporate.
- Spoon mixture into a baking dish or crockpot and top with remaining shredded cheese. Serve warm (can be reheated in baking dish until bubbly or on low in a crockpot).
- *The heat of this dish can be increased or decreased as desired- just add more buffalo sauce*.