Prep 30 mins
Cook 2 hrs
No, I haven't made this. It's from "Northern Cookbook", published in 1973 by Information Canada.
Make and share this Barbecued Bear recipe from Food.com.
- Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Sear meat on all sides with salt pork in a heavy fry pan.
- Place meat in casserole.
- Add rest of ingredients to fry pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over meat in casserole.
- Cover and bake for at least 2 hours in a 325F oven, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.
Although Trichinosis has largely been eliminated from American pork, reducing the need to cook pork well-done, this is not true of wild game and ESPECIALLY of bear meat. PLEASE!!! NEVER EAT BEAR MEAT RARE!!!!!
If you can't get a bear yourself, you can order bear meat at http://www.exoticmeats.com . Mark :o)