Recipe by Lennie
No, I haven't made this. It's from "Northern Cookbook", published in 1973 by Information Canada.
Top Review by jilkat25
Although Trichinosis has largely been eliminated from American pork, reducing the need to cook pork well-done, this is not true of wild game and ESPECIALLY of bear meat. PLEASE!!! NEVER EAT BEAR MEAT RARE!!!!!
- 3 lbs bear steak, cut in 2-inch cubes
- 1 piece salt pork, cut up
- 1 cup catsup
- 1⁄3 cup steak sauce, like a 1
- 2 tablespoons tarragon vinegar
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Trim all fat from bear steak and cut into 2-inch cubes.
- Sear meat on all sides with salt pork in a heavy fry pan.
- Place meat in casserole.
- Add rest of ingredients to fry pan and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Pour sauce over meat in casserole.
- Cover and bake for at least 2 hours in a 325F oven, stirring occasionally until meat is tender.