Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I saw this recipe on Food Network, and it looks awesome. I made a batch last night. The flavour is complex, but no one ingredient takes control of the sauce's taste. I'm looking forward to grilling up my chik chik this afternoon!
- 1 1⁄2 cups chopped yellow onions
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup tomato paste
- 1 cup cider vinegar
- 1 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup Dijon mustard
- 1⁄2 cup soy sauce
- 1 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground garlic
- In a large sauce pan on low heat, saute the onions and garlic with the vegetable oil for 10 to 15 minutes, until the onions are translucent but not browned.
- Stir all remaining ingredients into the pan.
- Simmer uncovered on low heat for 30 minutes. Use immediately or store in the fridge.