Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
BEST country style pork ribs ever!! The homemade sauce is very popular in our family and just makes these ribs the best! Easy preparation and uses items already on a pantry shelf.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs country-style pork ribs
- 4 -5 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 1 celery rib, chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Place pork ribs in a large dutch oven. Add water and salt. Boil covered on simmering low heat for approximately 1 hour 15 minutes until fork tender. While ribs are boiling prepare sauce.
- SAUCE: Saute chopped onion and celery in olive oil in a small saucepan.
- Add ketchup, brown sugar, lemon juice, worcestershire sauce and water. Simmer for one minute. Spoon on top of pork ribs which have been placed on a serving dish.
These were outstanding! I had about 5 lbs. bone-in ribs, so I doubled the sauce. I used half soy sauce, half worcestershire in place of only worcestershire (personal preference). I let the sauce simmer longer than a minute, but not so long that it all boiled away. When meat was done, I drained it, cut it from the bone, trimmed the fat, and put it into a 10x15 pyrex baking dish, then poured sauce over all. Delish! These tasted similar (but better) to a much more complicated ribs recipe of my Mom's. Thanks for posting, Seasoned Cook! This is a KEEPER.
I awlays boil my ribs before hand as it makes for the most tender meat, so I knew as soon as I read your recipe it was going to be great.. The home made sauce is fab and all of us absolutely loved these.. I also like Diana boiled for about 1 hour and then placed ribs in a dish and poured sauce over and baked in the oven for about 15-20 minutes.. I will be making these again for sure Seasoned Cook a super rib recipe.. :)
This recipe was fabulous. What a delicious way to make those tough country style pork ribs. I used Dale seasoning instead of worcestershire sauce because, I was out. The BBQ sauce as still wonderful. I did cook in the oven at 400 for the last 15 minutes. My family loved the meal and it was easy to make. This is a keeper. Thanks :-)