Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter gave me this recipe that was given to her from a co-worker. I haven't made this yet but the ingredients prompted me to post it here on the Zaar. I use my grill year round and this sounds like an excellent side dish to go with my Tuscan porterhouse steaks and barbecue roasted potatoes. I hope you enjoy it. Time to make includes prep and cook time and me using my vidalia chop wizard (I love this utensil) and chill time.
- 1 small green pepper, diced (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 cup celery, diced (or to taste)
- 1⁄4 cup onion, diced (or to taste)
- 1 large tomatoes, diced you can use any size tomato(s) according to your taste
- 1 medium carrot, diced (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon sugar (or to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup ketchup
- 2 drops hot sauce
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- sweet pickle relish, to taste or sweet pickle, diced
- Mix sugar, salt, ketchup, hot sauce, vinegar and pickle relish or diced sweet pickles together, set aside.
- Mix green pepper, celery, onion, tomato and carrots.
- Pour sauce over vegetables and mix well. Pour into a container and chill at least 2 hours before serving. Chilling overnight would be better to allow the different flavors to come together.