Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This barbecue sauce is so versatile & such a crowd pleaser! May be used on chicken, turkey, or chops. Cook inside, outside, or in the crock pot.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup ketchup
- 1 cup Coca-Cola
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 2 teaspoons molasses (may substitute brown sugar)
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 2 teaspoons prepared mustard
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Coat meat in sauce.
- Place chicken or turkey pieces on baking pan (sprayed first with vegetable oil).
- Bake at 325* for one hour or until done.
- Alternate cooking methods: May cook in crockpot for 6-8 hours, or till done, or grill meat till done.
I made a triple recipe of this sauce at work today with outstanding results and compliments. It's quick, tasty and so easy to make. I poured it over 3kg of pork spare-ribs which I cooked in a slowish oven for 3 hours. The sauce got a bit runny, so I then reduced it on the stove top to finish. Thanks for a great recipe.
Hi Ambassadress...Made your wonderful Coca-cola BBQ sauce....WOW, is that some sauce, or what!..The only thing I added was lots of garlic, cause my DH and myself are big-time garlic lovers, and I chopped up more onion than called for, doubled the recipe, and made this with oven-baked chicken...well, I don't think I ever ate so much chicken before...this sauce is outstanding, I will for sure keep this one in my 5 star RecipeZaar folder, and make it again...thanx for a great sauce recipe, we all enjoyed.:-)
I loved this recipe. I did add a little more coke and an extra tsp of brown sugar, and 2 tsp of bbq sauce. I poured it over a pork roast in the slow cooker, and I think it was the best tasting roast I've ever made. There were no leftovers. Thanks for the excellent recipe.