Prep 45 mins
Cook 4 mins
Make and share this Barbecue Chicken and Grape Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon dried ancho chile powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 3⁄4 cup green seedless grape, halved
- 3⁄4 cup red seedless grapes, halved
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh orange juice
- 1⁄4 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, toasted
- Preheat oven to 350°; combine onion powder, paprika, chili powder, and ½ teaspoon salt; sprinkle over chicken.
- Heat oil in a large nonstick oven-proof skillet over med-high heat; add in chicken; saute 2 minutes on each side or until browned.
- Wrap handle of skillet in foil; bake chicken in oven for 10 minutes or until done.
- Remove chicken from pan and refrigerate until chilled; chop into bite-sized pieces.
- Combine ¼ teaspoon salt, green grapes, and next 6 ingredients in a large bowl; add in chopped chicken; toss to coat.
- Sprinkle salad with walnuts.
Well, I didn't have the ingredients so I just used this recipe as inspiration. I used the cooked breast from a rotisserie chicken and added a sprinkle of onion powder, paprika and chile powder to the dressing ingredients. I cut out the onions and added celery. DELICIOUS!!
One of my favorite Cooking Light recipes. The combinations of the ancho chili powder, orange juice, vinegar and walnuts with the burst of grapes is delicious!