1/1 Photo of Barbara's Famous Chili
2 hrs 30 mins
Queen uh Cuisine's Note:
This is a 2ND PLACE WINNER. I won second place in a chili cook-off as well as a 2 foot trophy for my chili recipe. I hope you enjoy :) For a special treat top with grated cheese, onion and a dollop of sour cream.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1/2 lbs hot Italian sausage
- 1 3/4 lbs stew meat, cut into bitesize pieces
- 1 lb crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb whole tomato
- 2 lbs Italian-style tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chili powder
- 1 pint water
- 86 ounces canned red kidney beans (2 1lb 11 oz cans)
- 1In large pot, sauté onion and garlic in hot oil until soft.
- 2Add bell pepper and set aside.
- 3In large skillet, cook sausage and stew meat until light brown.
- 4Add meat mixture to pot and simmer a few minutes to blend flavors.
- 5Add chili powder and tomatoes and let simmer uncovered for two hours.
- 6Add water if necessary.
- 7Add kidney beans and juice until heated all the way through.
- 8Serve hot.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Barbara's Famous Chili
Serving Size: 1 (565 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 630.3
- Calories from Fat 301
- Total Fat 33.5 g
- Saturated Fat 11.3 g
- Cholesterol 76.6 mg
- Sodium 1720.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 17.2 g
- Sugars 8.3 g
- Protein 35.9 g