Recipe by Queen uh Cuisine
This is a 2ND PLACE WINNER. I won second place in a chili cook-off as well as a 2 foot trophy for my chili recipe. I hope you enjoy :) For a special treat top with grated cheese, onion and a dollop of sour cream.
Top Review by Cook4_6
I made this for dinner tonight and it was very good! Next time I will either cut the stew meat up a bit smaller, or cook it a bit longer. Definitely a keeper! (Original Review from April 12, 2007) Update: Prepared per directions through step three. Added all ingredient to a crock pot, using a whole pot roast instead of stew meat. Added beans when I got home and a can of tomato paste. This cooked for about 10 hours on low and was perfect! Nice variation of this recipe!
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 medium onions, chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, chopped
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 1⁄2 lbs hot Italian sausage
- 1 3⁄4 lbs stew meat, cut into bitesize pieces
- 1 lb crushed tomatoes
- 1 lb whole tomato
- 2 lbs Italian-style tomatoes
- 1⁄2 cup chili powder
- 1 pint water
- 86 ounces canned red kidney beans (2 1lb 11 oz cans)
Directions See How It's Made
- In large pot, sauté onion and garlic in hot oil until soft.
- Add bell pepper and set aside.
- In large skillet, cook sausage and stew meat until light brown.
- Add meat mixture to pot and simmer a few minutes to blend flavors.
- Add chili powder and tomatoes and let simmer uncovered for two hours.
- Add water if necessary.
- Add kidney beans and juice until heated all the way through.
- Serve hot.