1/3 Photos of Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake
1 hr 40 mins
1 hr 15 mins
I grew up on Bananas Foster, so this recipe quickly caught my eye. Prep and cook times are estimated.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup butter, softened and cut into pieces, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons dark rum
- 3 large bananas, yellow but firm with green tips, sliced diagonally into 1/4-inch pieces
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1Place brown sugar, 1/4 cup of the butter and cinnamon in a small saucepan. Heat over medium low heat until butter is melted and mixture is smooth, stirring occasionally.
- 2Stir in rum and pour into a 9-inch round cake pan.
- 3Arrange banana slices in circles over brown sugar mixture.
- 4Heat oven to 350ºF.
- 5Place remaining 1/2 cup butter and sugar in a large bowl; beat at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- 6Add eggs one at a time, beating will after each addition. Beat in vanilla.
- 7In a medium bowl, stir together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- 8At low speed, beat in flour mixture in3 parts alternating with sour cream, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- 9Spoon and gently spread batter over bananas.
- 10Bake 45-55 min or until cake is golden brown and toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- 11Cool in pan on wire rack 15 minute.
- 12Run small knife around edge of cake; carefully invert cake onto serving plate. Serve warm.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Upside-Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (173 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 516.1
- Calories from Fat 195
- Total Fat 21.6 g
- Saturated Fat 13.0 g
- Cholesterol 99.7 mg
- Sodium 336.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 52.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g