Recipe by xpnsve
Oh my... :) From the Wilton's Cupcake Fun For an extra special flavor, subsititute 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla with rum extract in your batter.
- 2 1⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1⁄2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons meringue powder
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄2 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven 350°F
- In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- Pour into prepared pans.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- FOR CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING:.
- In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and milk.
- Beat with mixer until well blended.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
- Fill cupcake. (Prepare a decorating bag with your icing filling and Round Decorating Tip 230; insert tip in top center of an uniced cupcake and squeeze out a small amount of filling. Or, use the Wilton Dessert Decorator, which includes a filling tip and an easy-to-control cylinder for adding just the right amount.).
- FOR FLUFFY BOILED ICING:.
- Beat meringue powder and 1/2 cup cold water until stiff, about 4 minutes.
- In microwave safe bowl stir sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water.
- In microwave bring syrup mixture to a boil (approx. 5 minutes).
- Remove, let mixture cool slightly (1-2 minutes).
- Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture.
- Beat on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- For top of range: Mix sugar, corn syrup and water in 2 quart saucepan. Bring to boil; cool slightly and follow directions above.