Oh my... :) From the Wilton's Cupcake Fun For an extra special flavor, subsititute 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla with rum extract in your batter.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup sour cream
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1Preheat oven 350°F
- 2In large bowl, cream butter and sugar with electric mixer until light and fluffy.
- 3In medium bowl, combine flour, baking soda, and salt; set aside.
- 4Add eggs, vanilla and banana; mix well.
- 5Add flour mixture alternately with sour cream; blend thoroughly but do not overmix.
- 6Pour into prepared pans.
- 7Bake 20-25 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- 8Cool 10 minutes in pan on rack; remove and cool completely before decorating.
- 9FOR CINNAMON CREAM CHEESE FILLING:.
- 10In large bowl, combine cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon and milk.
- 11Beat with mixer until well blended.
- 12Refrigerate until ready to use.
- 13Fill cupcake. (Prepare a decorating bag with your icing filling and Round Decorating Tip 230; insert tip in top center of an uniced cupcake and squeeze out a small amount of filling. Or, use the Wilton Dessert Decorator, which includes a filling tip and an easy-to-control cylinder for adding just the right amount.).
- 14FOR FLUFFY BOILED ICING:.
- 15Beat meringue powder and 1/2 cup cold water until stiff, about 4 minutes.
- 16In microwave safe bowl stir sugar, corn syrup and 1/2 cup water.
- 17In microwave bring syrup mixture to a boil (approx. 5 minutes).
- 18Remove, let mixture cool slightly (1-2 minutes).
- 19Slowly add syrup to meringue mixture.
- 20Beat on HIGH for 4 minutes.
- 21For top of range: Mix sugar, corn syrup and water in 2 quart saucepan. Bring to boil; cool slightly and follow directions above.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bananas Foster Cupcakes
Serving Size: 1 (132 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 18
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 392.0
- Calories from Fat 137
- Total Fat 15.2 g
- Saturated Fat 9.2 g
- Cholesterol 74.1 mg
- Sodium 213.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 61.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 45.0 g
- Protein 4.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: