Prep 15 mins
Cook 6 mins
- 2 (1 pint) cups low fat cottage cheese
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated fresh lemon rind
- 1 teaspoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 4 bananas
- 4 graham cracker squares, crumbled
- ground cinnamon, for garnish
- Combine the cottage cheese, sugar, vanilla, lemon rind and lemon juice in a food processor and blend until smooth.
- Spread the blended cheese mixture in a shallow 7-by-12-inch glass baking dish or put 1/4 cup of the mixture into each of 8 individual au gratin dishes.
- Thinly slice the bananas, and spread the slices evenly on top of the cheese mixture.
- If using individual dishes, put half a sliced banana on top of each serving.
- Sprinkle the top evenly with the graham-cracker crumbs and then sprinkle lightly with cinnamon.
- Place under the broiler until hot and lightly browned.
Right after I had the Roasted Asparagus and Shitake Mushrooms, I whipped this up for dessert. The lemon peel and juice made this for me. I did singe my cinnamon and didn't get the dish fully warmed because I broiled too close to the element, but it didn't slow down my intake one bit.
This recipe is good and very light. I would give it a 5 star, but I am not a cottage cheese eater, even though I liked this. I will give this recipe to my sister, who love cottage cheese.
I made a small serving of this for breakfast, topped with toasted oats & coconut instead of cookies, and used Equal instead of sugar, very yummy & nice & filling too. A keeper for me, thanks!