Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
From a Splenda cookbooklet.
Make and share this Banana Walnut Bread (Splenda) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup Splenda granular, sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1⁄4 cups mashed bananas
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and spray 9" x 5" loaf pan with cooking spray.
- Combine dry ingredients and set aside.
- In another bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients except the walnuts.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients and mix well.
- Fold in the walnuts and stir until just mixed.
- Pour batter into pan and bake 45-55 minutes or until center is set.
The only change I made and not necessary at all was to use whole wheat flour and put the batter in muffins tins for 13 minutes. LOVED this easy recipe and will make it again. Very moist and flavorful!
This is yummy! With no eggs, no cinnamon or any spice to speak of I was a little leery about the recipe from the start and thought maybe it wouldn't turn out so great. Surprise on me though, it's very good. I mashed up 3 good sized bananas which gave me almost 1 1/2 cups, and I made 2 mini loaves instead of 1 regular sized one. They baked up perfectly in 40 minutes. The flavor is very very banana-y, I really like it for a sugar free version of banana walnut bread. Thanks for sharing the recipe BeansnRice. Made for Bargain Basement tag game.