Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 45 mins
Cook 1 hr
A yummy sounding dessert, which I have not tried yet. Will wait for warmer weather. I got it from a military commissary calendar
- 3 cups milk, cold
- 5 1⁄8 ounces vanilla instant pudding mix (or chocolate)
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple, drained
- 1 angel food cake, cut into cubes
- 1 cup strawberry, sliced
- 8 ounces whipped topping
- 1 -2 banana, medium and firm, sliced
- 1⁄4 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 ounces hot fudge (can use jarred or homemade)
- Whisk mild and pudding for 2 minutes in a large bowl. Stir in pineapple.
- Place half of the angel food cake in a large glass bowl, preferrably a trifle bowl.
- Spread 1/3 of the pudding mixture on top.
- Cover with strawberriesHeat fudge topping according to microwave directions on the jar, just until pourable.
- Pour half of the topping over previous layer.
- Layer remaining cake cubes on top of the hot fudge layer.
- Spread another 1/3 of the pudding mixture, top with sliced bananas; cover with remaining 1/3 of pudding mixture.
- Spread whipped topping over all.
- Drizzle with hot fudge topping and sprinkle with pecans.
- Chill until serving. Garnish with strawberries and bananas just before serving.