Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I believe this is a recipe from TSR and is a Clone. Posted by request.
- 2 egg whites
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar, plus
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons molasses
- 1 1⁄2 cups mashed bananas (smooth)
- 3 tablespoons shortening
- 1⁄4 cup milk (not skim)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla butternut flavoring
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large bowl whip the egg whites until thick.
- Add the sugar to the whites and continue to beat until mixture forms soft peaks.
- Add the brown sugar, molasses, banana puree, shortening, milk and vanilla butter nut flavoring to the mixture, beating after each addition.
- In a separate bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and slowly add to the wet mixture.
- Lightly grease a 9x14-inch pan with a light coating of non stick cooking spray.
- Coat all sides and bottom of pan.
- Add around 2 T.
- white sugar to the pan to coat sides and bottom.
- Dump out the remaining sugar but reserve.
- Pour batter into pan.
- Sprinkle with reserved sugar if you wish.
- Tap pan to make sure batter is even.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until the"cake" begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Romove pan from oven and turn"cake" out onto a cooling rack.
- When cool cut into 21 even bars.
My 9 year old daughter and her friends assisted me in this adventure. They turned out great..we even added walnuts,about 1/2 cup or so.. The girl were excited and pleased. I was too!!!