Applesauce Oatmeal Snack Bars
This fruity, low fat cookie bar recipe is from a Mott’s cookbook.
- Ready In:
- 1 1⁄2 cups unbleached flour
- 3⁄4 cup rolled oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup white sugar
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup cinnamon applesauce
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 cup chunky applesauce
- 1⁄3 cup raisins
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 375F degrees.
- Combine flour, oats, baking powder and salt.
- In separate bowl, beat white sugar and butter until blended.
- Whisk in cinnamon applesauce, egg, and vanilla.
- Add flour mixture to applesauce mixture and stir until well blended.
- In small bowl, combine chunky applesauce, raisins, brown sugar, and cinnamon.
- Spoon half of oat mixture into sprayed 8-inch baking pan; pour raisin filling over top, and spoon remaining oat mixture over filling, spreading evenly.
- Bake 30 to 35 minutes or until lightly browned; cool on wire rack.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
Join The Conversation
Can't believe nobody tried this!! Made for My 3 Chefs, this came out sooooo GOOD!! Easy to prepare and kind of light too!! Used 3/4 cup sugar - next time would probably lower it to 1/2 cup! Didn't have any chunky applesauce, but did seem to work with regular applesauce. Used a mix of dried cranberries and raisins. Thanks Messy Cook! :)