Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
A lighter version than most pumpkin pies. I found the basic recipe many years ago in a Boston Newspaper. I've been tinkering with it ever since. It's very easy-use a prepared crust for convenience.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 709.77 ml graham cracker crumbs
- 29.58 ml sugar
- 88.74 ml melted butter or 88.74 ml margarine
- 2-3 mashed bananas (approx 3/4 cup)
- 236.59 ml pumpkin
- 340.19 g evaporated milk (skim ok)
- 1 large egg
- 14.79 ml dark rum
- 236.59 ml sugar
- 2.46 ml cinnamon
- 1.23 ml nutmeg
- 1.23 ml ginger
- 0.59 ml clove
- 59.14 ml butter
- 59.14 ml flour
- 59.14 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml chopped pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter or margarine.
- Press into 9" pie plate.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine bananas, pumpkin, milk, egg, rum, sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
- Blend well.
- Set aside.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and pine nuts in a small bowl-rub to form crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes-reduce heat to 350 degrees, and continue to bake for 30 minutes-sprinkle the streusel over the pie, continue 10-15 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.