Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A lighter version than most pumpkin pies. I found the basic recipe many years ago in a Boston Newspaper. I've been tinkering with it ever since. It's very easy-use a prepared crust for convenience.
Graham Cracker Crust
- 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 6 tablespoons melted butter or 6 tablespoons margarine
- 2 -3 mashed bananas (approx 3/4 cup)
- 1 cup pumpkin
- 12 ounces evaporated milk (skim ok)
- 1 large egg
- 1 tablespoon dark rum
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄4 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ginger
- 1⁄8 teaspoon clove
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup chopped pine nuts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Combine crumbs, sugar and butter or margarine.
- Press into 9" pie plate.
- Place pie crust on a baking sheet and set aside.
- Combine bananas, pumpkin, milk, egg, rum, sugar, and spices in a large bowl.
- Blend well.
- Set aside.
- Combine the flour, brown sugar, butter and pine nuts in a small bowl-rub to form crumbs.
- Set aside.
- Pour the pumpkin mixture into the crust.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 10 minutes-reduce heat to 350 degrees, and continue to bake for 30 minutes-sprinkle the streusel over the pie, continue 10-15 minutes, or till a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.