1/1 Photo of Banana Pudding Poke Cake
I found this on the country cook.com. I haven't made it yet, but it looks very yummy! This is made without slices of bananas, however, you could certainly add those on there if you like. The chef decided she would just add some freshly sliced bananas right on top of the individual pieces of cake so they didn't turn brown.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Prepare cake mix according to package directions for a 9x13 cake. Once cake comes out of the oven, allow it to cool for just a couple of minutes.
- 2Then, with a wooden spoon handle or some other similarly-sized object, begin poking holes in the cake. You want the holes to be fairly big so that the pudding has plenty of room to get down in there. Be sure to poke right down to the bottom of the cake.
- 3In a bowl, prepare pudding. Whisk together instant pudding mix with 4 cups milk. Stir until all the lumps are gone.
- 4Let pudding sit for just about 2 minutes so it has just slightly begun to thicken but not fully set, it should still be easily pourable.
- 5Pour pudding over cake. Taking care to get it into the holes as much as possible. Spread it all out and using the back of the spoon, gently push pudding down into the holes.
- 6Put the cake into the fridge to set and cool (about 2 hours).
- 7Once your cake has completely cooled, spread on whipped topping.
- 8If you haven't done so already, crush your vanilla wafers. I just place mine in a ziploc bag and crush them with a rolling pin. Leave some of the pieces big. It's nice to have a bit of a crunch when you eat the cake.
- 9Spread crushed wafers onto the top of the cake. You can do this part immediately before serving the cake if you like. This will ensure the wafers are crunchy when you serve it.
- 10Serve with freshly sliced bananas on top of each piece of cake. Keep refrigerated.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Banana Pudding Poke Cake
Serving Size: 1 (202 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 604.1
- Calories from Fat 199
- Total Fat 22.1 g
- Saturated Fat 10.8 g
- Cholesterol 18.3 mg
- Sodium 893.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 95.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 52.6 g
- Protein 7.8 g