Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is my papa's recipe. Everytime we make this we think of him.
- 2 cups milk
- 3⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup flour
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 8 bananas, sliced
- 4 cups vanilla wafers
- Place milk in a large saucepan and scald.
- Add sugar and flour and whisk until smooth.
- Add eggs 1 at a time while whisking.
- Cook over med heat until thick.
- Remove from heat and add vanilla.
- Mix pudding with 3/4 of the bananas and 2 cups of the vanilla wafers.
- Place 1 cup of vanilla wafers in the bottom of a large bowl.
- Pour in pudding and top with remaining bananas and vanilla wafers.
I've adopted this as my official banana pudding recipe. It's so much better than the shortcut version that uses instant pudding!