Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
A wonderful sweet bread. I always eat this with whipped cream cheese on top and a cup of coffee. MMMmmm....
- 3 cups flour
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups chopped pecans
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 cups mashed bananas
- 1 (8 ounce) can crushed pineapple (drained)
- Combine flour, sugar, soda, cinnamon, pecans and salt in large bowl; set aside.
- In another bowl, mix vanilla, eggs, oil, bananas and pineapple.
- After blending, add liquid mixture to dry mixture and stir until well blended.
- Pour into two greased and floured loaf pans.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 60-70 minutes or until toothpick inserted near center comes out clean.
- Cool in pans on wire rack for 10 minutes before removing.
- Continue to cool on wire rack.
- (Cooking time does not include cooling time).
- Store in airtight container or plastic wrap.
This is one of the 8 bread recipes I made to give as gifts to the members of my church. It is delicious and easy. Thanks for the recipe.
Wonderful and moist, sweet but not sticky. Everyone in my home loves this recipe, and it's very easy to make. I leave out the nuts, and if making a half-batch (1 loaf) I use 2 eggs, which works well.
I used half wheat flour. cut sugar to 1 3/4 cup, increased salt to 3/4 tsp. Omitted nuts, added 1/4 cup coconut..Made 4 mini loaves and 6 muffins. Very mosit and tasty...