Prep 20 mins
Cook 22 mins
from 'a good appetite' - http://agoodappetite.blogspot.com/2010/04/banana-peanut-butter-muffins.html
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1⁄4 cup chopped peanuts
- Preheat oven to 375°F Prepare 8 or 9 muffin tins with papers or by greasing them.
- Stir the flours, baking powder, baking soda & salt together in a bowl & set aside.
- Mix the banana, peanut butter, brown sugar, honey, vanilla & egg together in another bowl. I found heating the peanut butter in the microwave for a few minutes made it easier to stir inches.
- Mix the wet mixture into the dry & stir until just combined. Fold in the peanuts.
- FIll the muffin tins 3/4 fill. Bake for about 22 minutes until golden brown & a toothpick inserted into the middle comes out clean.