Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is something I invented for breakfast this morning. It's absolutely delicious!
Make and share this Banana Pancake Sandwich recipe from Food.com.
- 4 pancakes, hot off the griddle
- 6 tablespoons almond butter or 6 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 banana
- maple syrup
- Divide almond butter between two pancakes.
- Slice banana thinly and arrange on pancakes with almond butter; drizzle some maple syrup over banana slices.
- Top with remaining pancakes and more maple syrup.
One of my favorite trail lunches when camping! I use oatmeal cottage cheese pancakes and then roll each up tight in plastic wrap. Envy of everyone around!
I had this sandwich this morning, as I do occasionally when we have pancakes. If you like Pb and banana sandwiches you will love this!! I used Low Fat Buckwheat Pancakes (#65901) and about 2 tbsp natural peanut butter. I also used a little more banana, and just drizzled the maple syrup in the sandwich, not outside, as the bananda I used was very ripe. YUM!! A great, different way to eat pancakes!!
We make ours with chocolate chip pancakes and peanut butter, we will have to try it with banana. They are quite sweet, so we forego the syrup.
My 4 y/o is a breakfast avoider, but pancake sandwiches usually get some food into him.